Is your blog available on Kindle? If it is, that’s excellent! If it’s not, maybe you haven’t thought about it yet. Or, maybe you’re thinking it’s a complicated process. In fact, it’s really easy. I recently made my Be Your Own Counsellor & Coach website available to subscribe to on Kindle and it was a simple task.
For those of you who might be interested in doing something similar, here’s how to put your blog on Kindle in a few easy steps:
- Visit Kindle Publishing For Blogs and set up an account.
- When logged in, click ‘Add Blog,’ and complete the sign-up form. You will need your RSS feed, blog description, tagline and a picture to display on your Amazon page. I chose a screenshot of my website:
- With all of your information filled in, click to ‘Generate Blog Preview’ and remember to hit ‘Save’ in case it doesn’t go through first time.
- Then, if you’re happy: hit ‘Publish Blog to Kindle.’
- Your blog will then show up as: ‘Pending Approval.’
- My own blog was available to subscribe to on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com within 24 hours of this process. (You only need to do the one form and your blog is available on both sites.)
- Now subscribe to your own website so that you can see how your posts appear. One important thing, though, do ensure that your posts are set to “full text” as otherwise someone paying to subscribe to your blog will only receive a short part of your post on their Kindle and will then need to click out to see the entire post. This is rather poor form when someone is paying to see your posts!
It really took so little effort and with many people enjoying the ease of following blogs on Kindle it’s well worth the small amount of time it took. I have to say, it’s also great to see my posts appear on a Kindle! And another bonus is that you will now have a listing on Amazon, which never does any harm, especially if you’re an aspiring author.
I’d love to hear your own experiences of whether or not you have made your own blog available to subscribe to on Kindle. Do let me know!